CEREC is an acronym for CEramic REConstruction, using CAD/CAM technology. Fancy words for one - visit, all - porcelain crowns, veneers, inlays and onlays used to beautifully rebuild teeth.
After shaping the tooth I use a blue light camera to image the tooth and those teeth above or below the tooth. Using a powerful 3D capable computer a restoration is designed and then milled from a clock of porcelain in six to ten minutes. After polishing the porcelain is bonded to the tooth using a composite resin material. The result is a beautiful restoration with strength like a normal tooth.
Crowns may be used to:
- Replace a large filling when there is little tooth structure remaining
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing
- Restore a fractured tooth
- Attach a bridge
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a discolored or poorly-shaped tooth
- Cover a tooth that has had root canal treatment